Tuesday 16 January 2024

BA Inspiration, a couple of ideas for those tricky to make cards

 Hi, Julie here with a couple of cards for those tricky to make occasions.

Sadly last week I received news that one of my neighbours from our old street had tragically passed away far too soon, after a long battle with cancer. It's never a good time and often your mojo goes out of the window so I like to have a few cards in the stash for such occasions. Well, despite my best efforts the card I had in mind was damaged so I decided to make another in short shrift! So using the original as a template, I came up with this based on a card I'd seen by the fab Therese Calvird.


Using Pure Florals-Lily, I stamped the large bloom in grey ink and then coloured using Copic markers. To make the focal point of this A5 card, I die cut the bloom from the panel twice using a couple of circle dies to create the border.  The central panel was then glued onto my card. The raised section was made using the same dies and some white fun foam which I stuck behind the coloured border which I added, matching the pattern. A simple white embossed sentiment on black completes.

Over at Color Hues there is a colour challenge to use copper and green, looking at the sympathy card, I think I could have used that but I decided to make this card, showing that Christmas stamps are not just for Christmas!

I know many of you struggle with masculine cards. So one of my tips is to go CAS and foliage is a great way to get a masculine feel too. Here I've used Season of Beauty and Winter Botanicals Sweet Broom to create the focal point. The solid stamping was done in shades of green from Altenew's  Tropical Forest set and the outline from Winter Botanicals- Sweet Broom, was stamped with Versamark and embossed with Copper EP. The sentiment was stamped in the darkest shade of green to compliment the arrangement.

So that's all from me for the moment but I hope I've given you a couple of ideas for those often difficult to make cards.

Happy crafting

5 comments:

  1. Two fabulous CAS cards and love especially the design of the Sympathy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Julie, especially the first which is spot on for a sympathy card. Sorry to hear about the loss of your neighbour. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful, Julie - I do love your sympathy one with the raised 'frame' - it adds great interest without detracting from the serenity of the card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very pretty! I really love the beautiful lily framed in the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, Julie. Your sympathy card is simply stunning. Love your design and the fact that you only coloured one part of the flower. Beautiful masculine card too and yes, I always struggle with those cards !

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated