Thursday 18 January 2024

Hugs

Hello & Happy Thursday,

Although this week has gone quicker than the last two, January already feels like a year! I don't know about you, but personally I have sought out hugs this week for warmth (it's cold with minus temps) and for comfort, for those January blues.

This in turn has inspired my card...





Sunshine & Rainbows has been on my list for a while as a stamp set to give some fresh inky love to, so that's what I reached for first. I went for some non traditional rainbow colours, Peacock, Stardust and grapefruit and a non white card base, Dove. 




Back to some fussy cutting again, but the rainbow arches aren't as difficult as they look. I did some tone on tone stamping for the clouds before adhering the rainbow.

The BIG & BOLD Hugs is stamped and embossed in white before I fussy cut the word out. I adhered using foam tape and then finished with the Sending sentiment stamped in a slightly darker grey, VersaFine Clair Morning Mist.  




So if you are in need of a hug, this ones for you.

Crafty Hugs

4 comments:

  1. A very sweet card, love the contrast by the rainbow and the grey clouds :) Love so much also the big white embossed sentiment !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and hugs card have certainly cheered me up on this bright but cold morning. 🌈Keep on hugging🥰 Love & hugs, SueH. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I love the rainbow, clouds and sentiment!
    Can't complain about the weather here in northern CA, with our temps being pretty mild. Not so in many other parts of the world! But I could still use a hug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the paper hug, Bev - widowhood diminishes the number of hugs one receives... love this card with the pop of colour on the rainbow
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated