Saturday 15 June 2024

A Little Bit of Sunshine

Hello & Happy Weekend! 

Well, it's no surprise really, but summer is yet to be seen here in the UK. The weather as usual has been pretty dismal today and I was in need of some cheer. So I took a break from working on the new website and squeezed in a little creative time to make this card...





I used the Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder before for sun rays and I liked the results, so I decided to use it again. I stamped the solid wreath twice in Buttercup and then Honeycomb, moving the wreath slightly for the Honeycomb colour. I then used the outline wreath and stamped it in Clementine ink. 




With the Cloud 9 Stencil coming back in stock recently I decided it was high time I inked it up again too. This time I wanted to create a kind of sunrise/sunset sky, starting off with some light pink, melon and lilac shades before going darker with Fig and Honeysuckle. I then added Powder blue over the sun rays to blur out the white background. 




To finish my card I added the sunshine sentiment from Spring Botanicals Daffodil. I then decided to go a little bit mix media and added some Gansi Tambi Starry Colour splats! 

That's all from me today, if you have sunshine, please send it to the UK!! 


Crafty Hugs







3 comments:

  1. It's a so cheerful and beautiful card Bev, love so much the cloudy sky and it's brilliant how you used the Modern Wreath Builder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and sunshiny card, Bev - love it. No sunshine here until tomorrow, and as it is heading towards mid-winter here, it's not exactly warm...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Bev and let’s hope we see the real sun soon! X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated