Saturday 20 April 2019

DT Inspiration - Don't like colouring? ........ no problem!

Happy Easter weekend .....

It's Linda here, with a little DT inspiration for you.
I'm using a couple of my Uniko favourites (I have a few!) ..... the beautiful Pure Florals - Peony clear stamp set and the Broken Lines stencil.


I think we all love floral images and me personally, the bigger the blooms the better!

Now I'm not the best at colouring in my stamped images, I do like to use Distress Inks, I love using my ZIG Markers, and I have dabbled occasionally with watercolours and Copics. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't!
So .... if you tend to stay clear of pretty florals just because colouring in is not really your thing, why not leave those beautiful blooms simply black and white.  Colour in the easy bits, and add a touch of colour to the background like I've done here.

I stamped the large peony onto a piece of white card just with a black ink, and then fussy cut around it


I added a wash of colour to the leaves using ZIG Markers and a waterbrush, and the palest wash of pink to some of the petals, you cn hardly see it's there.

I then used the Broken Lines stencil and one of the Oxide inks to add some detail and colour to the background .....


I added a sentiment, stamping part of it directly over the stenciling and the rest onto a banner which I attached underneath using foam pads


I then attached the bloom onto the card, again with foam pads to add some dimension.

To finish off, I used a glue pen over some of the stenciled lines and then sprinkled over some fine crystal glitter for a touch of sparkle


I love the finished look ..... what do you think?

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely Easter.

See you again soon ......


Products used:
Stamps: Pure Forals - Peony clear stamp set (Uniko)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Distress Oxide - Spun Sugar; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Other: Broken Lines stencil (Uniko); fine crystal glitter

3 comments:

  1. No colors..still very beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a good idea and such an effective looking card. So pretty and love the stamped image and the gentle soft colour with the stencil x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated