Saturday 13 April 2019

DT Inspiration - Stencils, Kraft Papers and watercolour pencils

Hello, Wiebke here with a new DT-Inspiration Post.
Like always, I used a stencil to create both of my cards.

The setting is similar: 
  • the same Stencil - Doodle Flower
  • the same sentiment - "Happy Mother'S Day" from the Spring Botanicals - Daffodil Stamp-Set
    it's heat embossed in white and cut and fold  as a simple banner.
  • the same colours - watercolour pencils and an aqua brush



For the first one I just used the red watercolour pencil, traced the petals of my stencil, removed it and then added water to solve the pigments and colour the full petal-areas.
When the watercolour-part was dry, I re-added the stencil and put red stickles into the heart-openings. After removing the stencil I just added the white Novo Drops for some more interest.


For the second card I went more colourful and used a rainbow for every flower. I used the same order of colours every time.
First I colours all petals in all six colours then went over it with my aqua brush in colour-order.
after the first step was dry, I added a second layer of pencil-colour, but didn't solve the colours again. I like this kind of kids-crafting-look on this mother's day card.
I finished the card with some clear enamel hearts.

The sentiment banners were adhered on both cards with dimensional foam pads.

Hope my cards gave you some inspiration for using your stencils in a bit different way.
Wish you all a nice weekend! Wiebke

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! Especially love your use of colours on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Jane: incredibly pretty! You've definitely sparked fresh ideas for using stencils!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, such pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated