Sunday 14 April 2019

It's Stencil Sunday ....... with the Mehndi Mandala

Happy Sunday ......

I hope you're having a nice weekend.
Welcome to another Stencil Sunday ..... a relatively new feature on the Blog where we showcase the fabulous Uniko Stencil designs.

It's Linda here, and I've chosen the beautiful Mehndi Mandala to create some quick and easy cards that you can use for any occasion.  Change up the colour combinations for a different look.

The inks I've used are all Distress Oxides, I love how they work through stencils, they blend perfectly and give such a nice crisp finish.


The mandala is such a great size and perfect for using the full design but ....... why not give it a different look by chopping it in half ...... right across the centre


I inked through the stencil using Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Oxides and then literally cut the mandala in half.  I attached the two halves to my card front leaving a small gap across the centre, which I covered using the sentiment banner.


I added some pretty scalloped edges to the banner and then attached it using foam pads to add dimension.

Use just half of the stencil design ...... I've gone for the top and bottom of my card, but it would also work on each side for a different look.


Distress Oxides again through the stencil ..... love this colour combination! (Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon)



I stamped the 'happy' from the Big & Bold Happy stamp set using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide and heat embossed with a sparkly powder.  The matching die cuts it out beautifully .....


I cut it again twice, from plain white card and layered them together to make it more dimensional, and then attached it across the centre of my card using foam pads and stamped the rest of the sentiment underneath.

Diagonals is another great layout ...... one of my favourites in fact.


I've used the stencil with inks on opposite corners and stamped the sentiment in the centre to create the topper


I then used the stencil again, this time on a larger piece of card and with some pretty Glitter paste to give me a little more detail in the background


Not sure the sparkle comes across that well on the pictures ...... trust me though it does give a nice delicate detail to the background.


Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Cheerio until next time ......

Uniko Products used:
Stencils: Mehndi Mandala
Stamps: Big & Bold Happy clear stamp set and matching die; Birthday Wishes clear stamp set

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are so pretty Linda. Loving your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration and fun ways to use the beautiful stencil....Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYSTARS! Linda, these are gorgeous and wonderfully inspiring! Adding to my 'must case' list!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! You have really showcased the mandala stencil brilliantly!! LOVE all three versions. Each so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated