Wednesday 3 April 2019

Speed Test!

Happy April!

Oh my, this year seems to be flying by at the speed of light!

I've been busy here at Uniko HQ behind the scenes, working on new product designs, features and workshops. Plus all the day to day running of things, packing and posting lovely orders :)

Anyway, talking of speed, I saw the current challenge over at AAA Cards HERE and thought I would have a go and join in!




It looks as though I am a little rusty at speedy CAS cards and not as organised as I thought I was ;) Along with this challenge I'd seen the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! seen HERE and below and it sparked some creativity in me.




I knew I wanted to use the recently released Passiflora clear stamp set and coordinating Designer Dies, so I set them out on my desk along with Altenew inks. I chose Wisteria, Hydrangea & Ultraviolet for the Passion Flower and Olive & Moss for the leaves and I was set to start!

Here is the result...




AND here is how long it took me...




The longest part of this card was die cutting the flower, leaves and details of the flower. Plus as I like to use foam adhesive for dimension with this flower, it was pretty time consuming taking all the foam square backs off! I'd also not chosen a sentiment or my base card colour, so I think I wasted a few minutes deciding on those ;)




The quickest part was adding the embossed lines using my small Fiskars paper trimmer and embossing blade and adding the Nuvo Drops to add the finishing touch.

Anyway, it was still good fun and it definitely got my creative juices flowing. That's all I have to share with you here today, thanks for stopping by.

Hugs

4 comments:

  1. I love this Bev! I do wish i could create so quickly and so well...it takes me hours to think up my design! Crafting slow here...hubby has retired! parcel arrived safely and very promptly...great customer service..Thank You xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The passiflora is a given wow factor but the addition of your embossed lines behind it makes it even more so. Beautiful card Bev and I love that you actually timed yourself and shared the pic. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful card! And I do understand how much time goes by in peeling the foam tape backing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bev.....Love the placement of your embossed lines. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards - =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated