Monday 22 April 2019

Odd Rule of Composition

Hi it's Lindsey here for some DT inspiration.


I've been looking back at some of the early Uniko stamp sets and I've dusted off the "Delicate Doilies" stamp set.  The set has some wonderfully intricate stamps; it reminds me of the Spirograph toy I had as a child.



I've chosen a small, medium and large stamp.  I nearly always choose 3 images in my designs following the "Odd Rule" of composition.  Ditto, I've used just 3 sequins.

Odd numbers always look better than even numbers as it keeps the eyes moving around the design - if you have even numbers the brain automatically pairs them and then stops looking.  With an odd number we feel compelled to look into a picture trying to seek the missing component and find a balance.  Honest!  Try it and see for yourself.

The sentiment is from the new "Birthday Wishes" stamp set from the February release.

You can find "Decorative Doilies"in the Uniko shop HERE.



Thank you for your visit today.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey - this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours you've used, and the lovely punched border sets it off perfectly. Great work. One of my all time favourite sets. xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated