Tuesday 11 January 2022

Two For Tuesday - Large Background Sketched Foliage

Hello & Happy Tuesday! 

I was determined to get to make and share two cards in-between work jobs today and answering emails. So if you're awaiting a reply from me, I apologise, I *needed* to sit and create something! 

One of my jobs today was a stock check & website update. As much as this can be a tedious task, it was also a nice reminder of all the lovely stamps I have neglected to use! One that stood out to me today was Large Background - Sketched Foliage.





So I dusted my stamp off and got to inking it up. I had no particular plan or layout in mind and just went with the flow. 

With it being a large stamp, I use my stamping tool for this background. For my first card I trimmed a panel of white card to 10 x 13.5 cm and stamped the background onto it. I did mask the bottom of my panel to keep the border 'equal' by eye all the way round. 





With using a stamping tool I was able to easily ink the stamp with two colours. I stamped the top with Altenew Olive ink and the bottom with Altenew Moss ink to create a subtle two tone effect.





I think this foliage image is perfect for both feminine and masculine cards. So for this first card I kept it more masculine, simply adding the Happy Birthday sentiment from Floral Vines. I did embellish with a few enamel dots from my stash.


For my second card today I opted for a more feminine design and used just snippets of the background to create a fun focal point. 





As you can see I decided to pair the background with the smallest butterfly from English Country Garden Butterflies. I think the sketched foliage is a wonderful backdrop to pair with them. 





I inked and stamped the foliage in Altenew Olive ink. I then die cut 3 stitched circles from the panel and used the negative to help me place them onto my card base. The sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks II (available on backorder & due in 24th Jan) and I know so many people coming down with Covid, hence my choice! 





The butterflies are stamped, die cut and coloured with water based markers. I then added a colourful second non stamped die cut underneath, securing just down the body of the butterfly. I wanted to tie in the colours I used to colour and also create a feel of fluttering wings. 

I hope you've enjoyed this brief look at the Large Background - Sketched Foliage. I am always open to suggestions, if there is a particular stamp set, designer die or stencil you are looking for ideas for, just add them to the comments! 

Crafty Hugs

6 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed that background stamp last time I browsed the shop. I love all things leafy, so it's going on my wishlist! Beautiful look inking with 2 shades of green! The second care really caught my attention as I love the design & those beautiful butterflies! I don't think I've ever used a colored butterfly on the bottom when I stack them--brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards Bev, and I love how you have used just parts of the large stamp on the second card - thanks for the inspiration
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inspiration using the background foliage stamp and love the extra pop of colour with the second on those pretty butterflies Bev x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards look great! Love the ombre-effect in the stamped leaves of the first card! Cool idea to layer the butterflies this way in the second card!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated