Friday 30 September 2022

Festive Friday, BA Inspiration using Winter Foliage

Good morning, Julie here with a little bit of inspiration for your Christmas makes. 
Here are a couple of ideas using foliage stamps from Winter Foliage and Season of Beauty.


My first card was inspire by those turnabout stamp sets you can get but without using the jig and no masking!!!


I drew a circle in pencil roughly in the position I would later place my sentiment panel on an A6 panel of white card and stamped a variety of foliage in various green inks. I used some really old foliage stamps that are now sadly retired, Nature's Treasures 1 as well as the two newer sets to get a variety of textures no masking was required here. I simply used my MISTI, stamped one branch of the evergreen bough, then rotated my panel 180' and repeated. I did the rest of the green foliage the same but added the red berries, Season of Beauty and Winter Foliage free hand.  The berry stems were stamped in brown before colouring the berries with Copic marker, the holly berries I simply stamped and then shaded with a darker Copic marker. A few dots of white gel pen complete.
When dry, I rubbed out my pencil circle and added the central panel. I found the die cut circle in my bits box, used the sentiment from Christmas Wishes stamped in black ink and simply covered up the messy bit in the middle by gluing it flat onto the panel!

This second card was inspired by the latest sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches.


This time I cut a mask from a Post it note and then used the same die to emboss my A6 white panel.
I then added the mask and stamped the holly leaves and evergreen foliage. I stamped the holly berries and a couple of pine cones and used the dies to cut them out. The evergreen boughs were coloured in with a couple of green pencil crayons as were the veins on the holly leaves for extra interest.
Removing the mask, I stamped the sentiment from Season of Beauty in Versamark and embossed in gold EP before adding the berries and cones with glue.

So that's it from me for this month, hope I've given you a couple of ideas to kick start your Christmas makes if you haven't started!

Stay safe and keep crafting 'til next time.

2 comments:

  1. A delightful pair of card Julie. Love the sentiment in the corcle feature on both of the cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Julie and definitely inspired to do some more DIY turnabout stamping! X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated