Friday 23 September 2022

Floral Friday - Hello Lovely

Happy FriYAY! 

With an extra Bank Holiday due to Queen Elizabeth II funeral on Monday, this week seems to have gone by in a flash. 

Today I have another card I made last week using Hello Lovely





As you know I am often inpatient when it comes to colouring, so I often overlook stamps (even ones I have designed) that require patience to colour! Mainly because I forget about all the fun and quick ways to add colour. 

I think todays card really shows how colour can be applied in a fairly quick way to add impact to a detailed floral image.




I masked off my white base card around the edges and used my 3 favourite colours, Oceanside, Honeysuckle & Buttercup to ink blend my background. I removed the mask and then used a stamping platform to stamp the Hello Lovely floral in black ink. 

The sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks III and I added some clear gloss Nuvo Drops to add some subtle accents.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Crafty Hugs




2 comments:

  1. Great idea for quick colouring Bev. I seldom think of leaving a stamp as a black outline and this works well over your background. I also like the border you have created with masking...it draws the eye.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning outcome Bev - love the way you let your blended background 'colour' the image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated