Friday 2 September 2022

Friday Focus - Wonderful Day

Happy Friday!

I have survived the school holidays - haha! It's actually been alright and we have had some fun. The weather could have been a little sunnier, but we can't have everything.

Today I have a trio of cards using Wonderful Day





This clear stamp set recently came back in stock and I was immediately inspired to create a card using it with the recently released Background Blocks Rays. I've also used a sentiment focal point from Sentiments Outlined.





I started by stamping the 'Have a Wonderful Birthday' sentiment central on my card base. I then positioned the Background Block Rays in my stamping tool so that I could stamp it in opposing corners on my card base in a soft yellow ink.





I then stamped the flowers and leaves from Wonderful Day in black ink. I used a little bit of simple masking to have the leaves pop out from behind the flowers. I finished off with some glittery enamel dots from my stash.


My second card uses just Wonderful Day. 





I stamped and fussy cut two flowers and a selection of leaves from the set, which I have arranged around one of the sentiments stamped in black on a white mat layer.





I've then used the larger of the outline circles, intended for flower centres and stamped it around the edge of my base card in black ink. I then adhered my mat layer to the base using double sided tape and added some Nuvo Drop accents.


The use of the circle stamp on my second card inspired my third! I love it when creativity flows like this.





Here I started by stamping my sentiment. I then selected 5 colours to stamp both the large and small solid dots. I also added in some black ones to tie in the outline circles, which I stamped overlapping each other and some of the coloured dots. The smaller trio of dots is from Floral Vines to fill in a few of the gaps.





Wonderful Day is such a fun set to let your creativity flow and it pairs wonderfully with the Background Blocks. I've also shown, that even though it is a floral set, you can achieve masculine one layer makes too.

That's all from me today.

Crafty Hugs


4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous cards Bev - love your alternate use of the dots to make the final card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these Bev..your creativity is prolific! Can't believe the beans will be 8 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the pretty flowers and the card you made with all the fun circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Bev. Loving the circle one at the end! X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated