Wednesday 18 April 2018

DT Inspiration: Chrysanthemum stencil

Happy Wednesday ....

It's Linda here, and I've got some really easy, fun ideas using the gorgeous Uniko Chrysanthemum stencil.

I do love this big, bold bloom ....... perfect  size to be center stage on all your large cards but, that doesn't mean  you can't use it to make a statement on smaller designs too.
See what I mean ...... I've used the full stencil design on my card but, only used part of it on a matching gift tag.


I've gone for a pretty in pink monochromatic look, using various shades of the same ink colour .... one of my current favourites, Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide


I applied some of the ink directly onto a piece of watercolour card and then used a damp baby wipe to spread the colour all over the card.
Then using the same colour of ink, with a stencil brush this time, I added the bloom over the top


To create my sentiment I used a leftover die cut piece from a previous project (I never throw anything away!) and added a piece of the pink card behind it to make the letters stand out.  I then stamped the rest using stamps from the Birthday Sentiments set with the Picked Raspberry ink again.

The tag was simply a cut off piece of card, stenciled across the bottom and a small sentiment banner added


How striking does the same stencil look in black ......


Again using the whole stencil .... sort of.  For the topper I used the stencil with black ink over a Distress Oxide background .... I love the matte finish


Now I love my Onyx Black Versafine but this was done using the new Versafine Clair ink ...... the Nocturne colour.  The Clair are a new range of pigment inks from the makers of the Versafine range and I think I may have a new favourite!  I must get some other colours.

Anyway ... back to the card.  I took a piece of black card and cut it about two inches larger than my coloured topper.  Using the stencil again, and lining it up so that it would sit perfectly in line with the topper, I inked through the design with the black Clair ink and then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top and heat set to give a nice shiny finish and create a frame for my topper.
I used the whole stencil again .... just in two pieces


A little bit of matting and layering and a simple sentiment to finish off.


Why not use your stencils on the inside of your cards too ......


Here's a couple more designs for you ..... told you I love this stencil, I got a bit carried away!
Something a little more spring like ......


With a little hidden sentiment in there too .....


And last but not least ..... another hidden word, or Eclipse card as they are also know as


These are so popular at the moment, and so easy to do ...... simply do your stenciling, or rubber stamping, then die cut your word


Die cut the word a couple of times again, this time from plain cardstock, and layer them up, making sure that your stenciled, or stamped, layer is on the top.

Thanks for popping by .... I hope I've inspired you to get those stencils out.

Cheerio until next time .....

4 comments:

  1. A fab bunch of Chryses Linda. Love the subtle glossy black one you used to frame the second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous cards using the chryssnthemum stencil, the first one is my favorite among all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creations Linda, I love that stencil and the black one looks particularly striking!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated