Thursday 12 April 2018

DT Inspiration: UNIKO Meets ON TREND~Pantone Ultra Violet

Hello,

Carol here. Welcome to my UNIKO Studios Design Team feature post; one I've very excited to share! Let's begin...

Source of Inspiration: Recently,  I was incredibly fortunate to win a seat in On Trend, the first class designed and taught by the incredibly talented, Taheerah Atchia, well known for her skill in mixing education/research with inspiration. In this class, she focuses on trends, offering us "a comprehensive look a the phenomenon of trends - how they are born where they come from, how to spot them and how to use them.'  A tall order and WOW! Does she ever deliver! The lessons - which feature five different current trends - are engaging; her translations of these trends into cards, amazing. She has definitely poured her heart and soul into this project!

Of course, a class is also an invitation for 'assignments', and that, my friends, is what I'm sharing with your today.

My *Assignments*: Taheerah's first lesson focused on Ultra Violet, Pantone Colour of the Year 2018. Described as  "complex and contemplative," mysterious and intriguing, symbolic of "unconventionality" and "artistic brilliance", how can one not be tempted to play with this amazing colour and "push boundaries through creative outlets"?  So...play I did!

Drawing inspiration from images/photos Taheerah curated for the class (in the lessons and on Pinterest), I've made a series of cards, featuring a wide assortment of UNIKO products in my replications. 

The sequence of my 'assignments' is straightforward: the original source followed by my translation.
I'll leave you to look, uninterrupted *grin*:

Card #1


Card #2



Card #3

(no sentiment; the colour - three shades of DI inks - and shimmer - 
Moonstone Nuvo paste - make a statement on their own)

Card #4


(Copic coloured: BV02, 13, 17; YG03, 17, 68)

The Set


Hopefully, my cards have offered inspiration for new ways to use your UNIKO products AND incentive to sign up for Taheerah's class. Maybe you'll even become a fan of ultra violet/purple, too!  I'm aiming to share more UNIKO and ON TREND lesson collaborations in the future.

Uniko Studio products used:

Card #1: Natures Treasures Clear Stamp Set
Natures Treasures II Clear Stamps
Organic Wishes
Paradise Clear Stamp Set
Simply Said Birthday Clear Stamps

Thank you for dropping by!

13 comments:

  1. WOW! Your cards are truly inspiring Carol. I love how you have interpreted the trends Taheerah highlighted in her On Trend class. Superb showcase of Uniko too :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bev! Such fun to give the 'little' stamps some play time!
      Hugs~c

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards. I really like the first two where you have done the beautiful backgrounds. I can't believe how well the Uniko products fit the case studies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, Uniko products worked perfectly for my 'assignments'; such fun to give 'little' stamps some attention...
      ~carol

      Delete
  3. These are all gorgeous, it's impossible to choose which one I love the most. It is one of my favourite colours though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! Purple has rapidly become one of my favourite colours; definitely will be using it more often!
      Hugs~carol

      Delete
  4. What a fab quartette Carol, such a variety of ideas, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie! The ON TREND gets all the credit for the ideas and Uniko for all the products. I just played *grin*
      Hugs~carol

      Delete
  5. Absolutely spectacular Carol and oozing elegance with all those subtle tones you've used. A perfect example and combination of Uniko stamps. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Blushing* Thank you so much, Sarah! Completing 'assignments' was such fun!
      Hugs~carol

      Delete
  6. WHOA my friend! I am flattered, honoured, and giddy to see these awesome cards created with my class as the inspiration! Each one really shows such range and looks at things with a different eye each time. You've really made my day with these - beaming like a proud teacher right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a striking array of cards, Carol ! They are all gorgeous in those purple shades and you stole my heart with the last one ! Absolutely stunning ! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many super beautiful cards!! Love them all! <3

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated