Sunday 6 December 2020

Countdown to Christmas Day 6 - Stencil Sunday!

 Happy Sunday! 


Welcome to day 6 of the Uniko Countdown to Christmas. Stencil Sunday is long overdue and so what better way to get back into the regular feature than with a Festive Stencil Sunday? Today I am giving some fresh inky love to the Stencil - In The Forest and also the NEW Stencil - Christmas Pop Trio.






Surprisingly, as I have not been a huge lover of the colour green in the past, I am absolutely loving this green & white combo this year and incorporating this fun bitty polka dot ribbon!




When it comes to using stencils I keep things pretty simple! For this first card I inked through the In The Forest stencil with Altenew Hunter Green ink, I wanted it to be a slightly light shade than the ribbon for a little bit of contrast.

Before I removed the stencil I then used my VersaMark ink pad to ink over the top of the green ink so that I could then emboss the trees with sparkly Stardust Embossing powder.




The sentiment is from the NEW Christmas Wishes clear stamp set, which I have popped up with some 1mm thick foam adhesive. The bow makes this card a little bulkier, so I think it will be a hand delivered card ;)

This lead me onto my second card for today combining In The Forest with the striped Christmas tree from the NEW Stencil - Christmas Pop Trio




This time I masked off a section to ink the background of In The Forest trees and I decided not to add the embossing to them this time. Instead I added the sparkle of the Stardust embossing powder to the striped Christmas Pop Trio tree.




I added ribbon down the edge of the stencilling to hide the 'join' and the sparkly Christmas Pop Trio tree is adhered using 1mm thick foam adhesive. The sentiment is another from the NEW Christmas Wishes clear stamp set.

I really enjoyed making these two cards today and the layout are nice and simple to adapt to other themes of cards, not just Christmas cards!

That's all from me today, I hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend & I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Until then, thank you for stopping by today and joining in on the fun here at Uniko.

Crafty Hugs Bev x


6 comments:

  1. A super duo of Christmas tree cards. Nice and fresh in the green and white. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stencil designs! Love your green & white combo for these pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards to showcase those stencils xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how well the new Christmas Pop Trio stencil goes with the In the Forest one Bev! I'm a big fan of green too so these definitely get my vote! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little tree background is so cute. Simple beautiful. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated