Thursday 25 February 2021

Introducing... Stencil Pure Florals Gerbera

 


Hello & Happy Thursday!

Welcome to Day 1 of the 9th Birthday February 2021 Release product introductions. If you missed any of the sneak peeks, you can catch up HERE, HERE and HERE. I am kicking off with a highly requested stencil to add to the Uniko Pure Florals line up, the Gerbera! 

Pure Florals Gerbera was Uniko's first Pure Florals stamp set and it remains a popular sell out in the shop, hence why it is currently unavailable. Converting the flower to a stencil took a little bit more work, but it was totally worth it and I am over the moon with how it has turned out. 

Let's have a look at it in action...




Super clean & simple for my first card today as this Gerbera is born to shine and have full focus! As you can see it is quite a delicate stencil, much like the previously released Uniko Pure Florals Chrysanthemum Stencil




To keep some of the detailed parts of the stencil from moving and not needing to use stencil adhesive, I inked from the centre of the flower outwards using my brush. In doing so I achieved a really nice depth to the pink colour with minimal effort! 

With Mother's Day fast approaching, I added the Happy Mother's Day sentiment from Simply Said. I was also heavily inspired by Uniko's brand colours.

For my last card today I went a little less clean and simple...




This time I decided to pair the Gerbera with the Large Background French Script to almost create a pretty piece of paper that has been written over the top with fancy handwriting. 




I used the same colours to ink my stencil and the same process of inking from the centre outwards to achieve the beautiful depth of pinks. 




I thought it would be nice to show you the size of the stencil against my card. It is a 6 x 6 inch stencil, so like the Chrysanthemum it is grand and will take centre stage on your projects. Below is a comparison with the Pure Florals Gerbera stamp! So quite a size difference.




Short and sweet from me today, but I think this Stencil pretty much speaks for itself in its beauty! I'd love to know what your thoughts are regarding the stencil and how you would use it. I might even select a random comment to win a prize.


Don't forget, there is still time to join in on the Birthday Linky Party HERE and also enter to WIN the HUGE Prize HERE!


Until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by.

Crafty Hugs

17 comments:

  1. Love, love this stencil!! Gerbera daisy has been a favourite stamp, so nice to see the stencil. Your cards, as always, are just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty gerbera stencil, Bev, with showcases that elevate it to stunning! Another fabulous addition to your already stellar stencil selection (say that three times fast *grin*)
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a striking and stunning new stencil. What beautiful cards you've made with it and a great idea to show the size difference with the stamp and stencil x. Fabulous inspiration Bev....Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This huge flower looks so pretty, I would love to use it in an art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of stencil on cards. Flowers turned out so pretty and so is the use of soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super statement stencil that makes me want to get 'stencilling' again! Simply gorgeous! and your cards really showcase it well!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love LOVE the card you've made with this really pretty stencil. Will be a great addition to the gerbera collection.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful stencil Bev!! I have the Chrysanthemum stencil and it is one of a kind.. 😍 So I am already eyeing on this one now! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love, love, love this stencil! Definitely need this in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the size of this stencil and the stamped writing on it is a very cool look

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and a gorgeous stencil - a definite must have for my collection. I think it would be great for making a softly coloured background paper to use with the Gerbera stamp + die xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always helps me see a product in action & now I know this stencil is one I'd use! I love how you used it with the script! I can imagine using it with lots of different colors & maybe in 2 opposite corners with a sentiment in the middle! Also embossing the flower & then ink blending!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous stencil! I love the idea of having the stencil as well as the classic stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love gerbera's. They always look a little unreal. The stencil is gorgeous and is so dimensional. Love your cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh what a fabulous stencil... your cards are beautiful. I have an old clock that I want to up-cycle and this gerbera would look so lovely on the clock face. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated