Sunday 16 April 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Background Blocks Layered Modern Floral

Good afternoon, Julie here with a little bit of Brand Ambassador inspiration. 
Over at Color Hues there's a new colour combination so I thought I would combine my DT card with a BA post!

Here's my card for the Purple and Green challenge using Background Blocks Modern Layered Floral stamp set. I was also inspired by the current challenge at The Flower Challenge where their theme is to focus on the background.



To start, I chose an A4 panel of thick card, I used a faux watercolour technique and needs to hold up to the amount of water used. Using the floral element of the set, I inked up with Altenew's Wisteria, spritzed with water before stamping. I then added some darker Hydrangea ink to the center and pushed it around the stamp with a wet brush to get rid of any harsh edges, before stamping again. This was repeated until the panel was covered. As the ink dries it separates a little to give the soft effect. The same technique was repeated with the leaf stamp using Altenew's Bamboo ink and a darker green Zig watercolour brush marker this time. When dry I added the dark centers to the flowers with the detail stamp and Altenew's Andromeda ink as during the stamping some of the detail was lost.

On a die cut panel of matching card, I stamped the sentiment from Doodle Flowers, attached it to some torn vellum and placed some silver thread behind before adding onto my stamped panel with foam pads. A few silver sequins complete. My stamped panel was trimmed to leave a narrow frame when added to an A6 note card.

That's about it for today but there's plenty going on here at Uniko over the next few days, so don't go too far away!

Happy crafting.

4 comments:

  1. Love how you created the background, such sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Julie - loving that beautiful background, and amazing use of the images
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Julie. I’m going to have to start using challenges and DT requirements as my inspiration too as I seem to have lost my craft mojo at the moment. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated