Friday 6 August 2021

Friday Focus & a WINNER!

 Hello & Happy Friday! 

It's a soggy one here today & the perfect kind of day to spend in The Studio. I though I would do a Friday Focus post and give some love to another of the Uniko July 2021 Release stamp sets, before I announce the winner of the Release Day Blog Hop

I felt I neglected the Background Blocks Diagonal Stripes a little during the release, mainly because I misplaced a card I had made in the chaos, which I have now located - haha! So that is what I have chosen as my focus today.




Stripes are such a handy pattern for so many occasions and I think they can be paired with literally anything. From florals, to foliage, cutesy and more. 

Here is a look at the misplaced release card I had made...




I combined the diagonal stripes with the Stencil Tropical Leaf I, which I spent ages fussy cutting out after I had inked it in green and then added a sparkle embossing paste over the top. 




I finished the card with a sentiment from Simply Said Blocks III. I had some help from the Brand Ambassadors for the sentiments in this set, I think they are super useful and appropriate for the current times.

For my next card I was inspired by THIS card I made using the popular Background Blocks Horizontal Stripe.




This time I shifted the focal background block pattern and added in more of a second colour. I still used Pure Florals Cosmos and but the sentiment is from Doodle Flowers.




I love this Buttercup yellow from Concord & 9th, so it influenced my next card for today...




I was aiming for statement stripe and I think I achieved it! I knew after I had stamped the Background Block Diagonal Stripes that I wanted to used the BIG & BOLD Wish Designer Dies, but I did procrastinate for some time on the angle.




As you can see I opted to keep the wish level. The BIG! sentiment is from the coordinating BIG & BOLD Wish clear stamp set.

Lastly for today I went for something a little different and more of an experiment. I wanted a grunge look, aiming more to have less of a blocky feel, but although it turned out a little different than I had imagined, I went with it.




I applied Concord & 9th Mushroom ink to the stamp slightly and more to the centre of the stamp. I then used my stamp shammy to dab off the ink slightly. I really like the mottled effect and it picked up some of the aqua colour off the shammy from my second card! 




I finished off the card with some previously stamped and coloured flowers from Doodle Flower and Background Blocks Doodle Flower, but added in some leaves from Flower Power #6 for a more chunkier feel.

That's all the cards I have to share today, but before I go, how about a winner for the July 2021 Release Day Blog Hop! Thank you to everyone that took the time to hop along and leave a comment, they are truly appreciated.

Without further ado, the lucky random comment is...


lovely designs!!! the first one is my favourite – love the colors


Congratulations Dee! Please email me at bev@uniko.co.uk no later than Sunday 15th August 2021 with your postal address to claim your prize.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Crafty Hugs


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing your cards. Congratulations to Dee .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Bev. I especially love the Wish Big card as it’s very pop art in style. I also love the effect of the mottling on your last card.
    Congratulations to Dee! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Dee.

    Wonderful creations and lots of inspiration here Bev. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH thrilled to see my name as the winner of this awesome prize!!
    Thank you so much, Bev
    I have emailed you with my addy:)
    hugs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated