Sunday 1 August 2021

Stencil Sunday - Rainbows & Clouds

 Hello August & Happy Sunday! 


I'm here today with a couple of cards I've made using the Stencil - Rainbow & Clouds from the July Release. If you missed it you can catch up HERE and there is still just time to comment along the hop to win too ;)

I had LOTS of ideas with how to use this stencil, but end of school chaos, start of the holidays and release prep stopped me from getting them made. However, I had a few hours to myself on Friday evening and got to playing & getting a couple of them made to share with you. 




When I first started using stencils I kept very basic and rarely used anything other than ink or embossing paste and embossing paste was very sporadic too! It wasn't until I saw Brand Ambassador Wiebke use pencils and fine liners with stencils, that I started to think outside of the box and use them like I would stamps to create cards. 



So for this card I used Concord & 9th Aqua Sky card for my base and drew inside the clouds using a Bermuda Bay marker from Stampin' Up! I then inked through the largest rainbow using a variety of C9 ink colours. It was a little time consuming, but fun to do.  A sentiment from Simply Said Blocks II, some twine, foam adhesive and some Nuvo Drops finished my card off.


For my second card today I couldn't resist going back to using Gina K Designs Pastillage Texture Paste. This stuff is SO much fun! Last time I used it for my card HERE, I used a white background. But the beauty is you can apply it onto a coloured card base and add colour, like I have today.



I just love how vibrant the ink colours remain when applied over the texture paste. This little panel of rainbow sure made me happy on a dull rainy day! 




I couldn't resist using this sentiment from Reach For The Stars, it was just made to be combined with the rainbow and the little trio of stars from the set.


So many more ideas floating in my head, but I will save those for another day ;) Until next time, thank you for stopping by today.

Crafty Hugs

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic Bev. I love the stamped effect clouds on the first card. So clever. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated