Tuesday 3 August 2021

Two For Tuesday - Natures Treasures II

Hello & Happy Tuesday! 

Last week when I was having a crafty session I was inspired to ink up Natures Treasures II. Even though a new foliage stamp set is long overdue, this one will always be one that I reach for. I seem to have a favourite leaf image in the set which, not surprisingly I have used for both my cards today!





For my first card today I did a lot of fussy cutting. As much as I do love fussy cutting and find it quite relaxing, coordinating dies at this point would have been super useful! 




I'm loving the Concord & 9th inks at the moment and having bought the mini cube collection they come in a handy case. So having all the colours to hand in the case on my desk make for quick selection and stamping! 



Apart from the fussy cutting, the addition of wanting to adhere the leaves using foam adhesive took some time too! But I love the slight dimension of the 1mm thick foam adhesive squares and the shadow it creates.

I dug out an old piece of Papertrey Ink Soft Stone card for my mat layer. I love how it makes the white card stock shine a little brighter. I must get round to ordering some more, as nothing I have purchased since almost running out of it compares as nice! 

For my second card today, I opted for something a little quicker! I also used the same colours. Just a simple bit of masking, a stripe of the Soft Stone card again and a different sentiment with my favourite Nuvo Drop embellishments. 




Super simple, but I think it is effective and makes a statement just as much as the first card. 




It was certainly fun to give some fresh inky love to this clear stamp set. In hindsight I should have used the other larger leaf for my second card. But still, it's good to see how you can use the same image in different ways with the same supplies.

I hope you have enjoyed my inspiration today. Thanks for stopping by.


Crafty Hugs


2 comments:

  1. Really love both cards but am plumping for the second one as my fave (not that you asked LOL!).

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Bev. I love how well the stamp looks in bright rainbow colours. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated