Monday 16 August 2021

Mixed Media Monday - Alumni Brand Ambassador Lindsey Bowe

 Hello & Happy Monday! 

Today I am back with another Mixed Media Monday and I am delighted to have our Alumni Brand Ambassador Lindsey Bowe joining us again. If you missed Lindsey's first projects, be sure to hop on over HERE.




Lindsey Bowe



Hello everyone, I am delighted to be back today to share a Journal Page with you.









On watercolour paper (requisite sorry - ordinary card will warp!) I painted several squares, letting the colours run a little, added some paint splatters & sprinkled over table salt in a couple of areas.




To finish the project off, I added some machine stitching and iridescent sequins. For my focal point, I chose a couple of blooms from the « Beautiful » stamp set.  These were stamped on tissue paper stuck onto card to make them more manageable.  




I shaded around the bottom RHS of the flowers with a soft graphite pencil to make them more grounded - no need to shade around the whole shape just think of where 5 is on a clock face!  




If you want a hint with your final composition, remember the rule of thirds and triangle placement. The flowers were placed in the bottom RHS third where the eye is automatically drawn to and my sequins were placed in a triangle to encourage the eye to move around the finished piece.  

Try positioning your pieces in different areas on a project & hopefully you’ll see what I mean. You need to entice the eyes to keep moving around your project and you can manipulate this with strategic placement of your focal piece and embellishments!  


I hope you have enjoyed todays feature and a big THANK YOU to Lindsey for inspiring us all. 


Crafty Hugs
 


2 comments:

  1. Another masterpiece from Lindsey.
    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic journal page Lindsey. I love all the different elements and subtle stamps you have added to the background too. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated