Wednesday 7 February 2024

Brand Ambassador Birthday Inspiration

 Good morning everyone Julie here. We are well into our birthday celebrations here at Uniko. The Brand Ambassadors have all been sharing some birthday inspiration all week and today it's my turn to share some too. I've gone with a pretty, feminine birthday card using Pure Florals - Rose.


This card uses the small rose and leaves from Pure Florals - Rose and some DP from my stash. I decided to use watercolour for this design, stamping in black ink onto MM paper before heat embossing with clear EP. The raised embossing creates little cells for the colour to sit in and is much quicker and easier if you aren't that confident with a paint brush.

I could have got my watercolours out but instead decided to use some Altenew inks that I smooshed onto and acrylic block, then used as watercolours. Adding a thin layer of water to each petal in turn before adding colour allows the ink to spread and not leave harsh edges to the colour. I wasn't too bothered about completely filling in each petal as the white left adds life to the rose, I think. Once dry, I fussy cut the flower and the two leaf sprigs.

The blue dotted DP is some NitWits paper which I glued onto a DL note card, then added the frame which was hanging around from another project. In another card here with the same layout, I did use the BB Dots stamp to create my own background which gives you another option. The leaves were glued flat but I popped up the rose on some foam pads before adding the simple stamped sentiment.

One more thing before I go, don't forget Bev's birthday present to you. The discount code 'birthday12' is valid for the whole month of February 2024 and can be used on any order placed, even if you place multiple orders during the month!
Hope you are enjoying the birthday celebrations here at Uniko and there'll be some more birthday inspiration tomorrow, so for now happy crafting!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Julie. 🥰 I like the idea of trimming the border to fit the card base - great idea❣️Both flowers look very pretty in watercolour.👩🏻‍🎨

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and such pretty colours too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An eye catching card. I like the way you have placed the border and the flower over one corner...great inspiration...thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and I love the mix of hot pink against the pale blue background. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is very fresh looking in this colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julie and I love the colour contrasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a so sweet and delicate card! Beautiful stamp and colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty, a lovely design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful rose birthday card! Love the design!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful birthday card! I love the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the ink smooshing technique. I think everyone can use it to make pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty and delicate card, the polkadot DP really makes the rose pop. X X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous rose Jules! Beautiful design using patterned paper and slimline size. Happy Birthday to Uniko!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card. Love the different size of the card too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated