Monday 5 February 2024

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Birthday Inspiration

 Bonjour !

Izzy here. As Bev already mentioned it, February at Uniko is a month of celebration, and this year Uniko is celebrating its 12th birthday ! As every year, there's so much planned for February at Uniko so stay tuned to discover what Bev has prepared to enchant you !

Today I'm here to inspire you with a card and of course it is a birthday card. As I already told you, I always struggle when it comes to make a masculine card but recently my teamie, Steph, made a post (see HERE) where she shows that stripes and a good colour combo solve this problem.


So that's what I've done. I dug out the beautiful Bauhaus Blocks set and I used it with a more or less masculine colour combo.

First I stamped with no-line colouring ink each square of the set on a piece of white card stock. With alcohol markers, I coloured them. Then I put them back in the MISTI and I used Versamark ink to be able to heat emboss them with gold embossing powder.




I fussy cut each square and I flat adhered them on the white double card and then to finish, I gold heat embossed the sentiment coming from the Sentiment Outlined set.

Et Voilà ! That's all for me today but don't forget to come back everyday since you will discover all the great surprises Bev has prepared for you. You can also treat yourself with the great 12th Birthday Stamping Retreat where you will have a fun day of stamping ! For more information click HERE.



12thBdayST






14 comments:

  1. A perfect card for a very lucky person.🎉 Beautiful colours too🌈.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card - I love the colours you've used too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very good card. Who says boys or men do not like to get cards with purple, pink or rose ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty designs and colors! Love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine card, love the colours combo and thanks for the tip to heat embossing after colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Izzy, your card is fabulous and definitely has a masculine vibe. Love the design, the colours....everything!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Izzy! The gold embossing is a perfect addition to highlight the stamped design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that gold embossing against the vibrant colours. It looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning card Izzy - love the gold embossing over the colouring
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Izzy and I really must remember to heat emboss after colouring for s much nicer professional finish. I always forget! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also struggle with masculine cards. This is a terrific fun colored card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love this card. I've not heard of doing embossing this way before, mostly I read that people use embossing powder first and heat set it then they colour it in, as the say its easier to keep the colour inside the slightly raised edge that the embossing powder makes. I love your take on it and I'll certainly try it that way next time I do one. X X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card. Love the colours.
    Hope everyone will be having fun tomorrow at the stamping retreat.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated