Monday 19 February 2024

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Kindness Cards

 Bonjour !

Izzy here with two inspiration cards that I'm combining with the current challenge over at Day of the Month Card Club where the theme is all about Kindness.

Everything started when I wanted to create my DT card for the DotMCC challenge. I first thought of a bold image stamped in black on which I wanted to glue a bold sentiment with part of the design coloured. But when I tried it, I didn't like the result. So I had in hand, from one part the coloured die cut and on the other part, the stamped image on a white card.

So I kept the sentiment die cut for the DotMCC DT card and I decided to share with you here what I've done with the stamped image coming from the Hello Lovely set...


I decided to let the stamped image in white and to add the colour for the background. So I simply masked the image and I applied some Distress inks (Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo & Salvaged Patina) with brushes over the background.


To finish the card I stamped the sentiment coming from the same set and I made some splatters with water.

As I told you, I kept the sentiment die cut for the DotMCC card but I didn't want to throw away the other part of this cutout, so I used it to make this card...



This time I stamped the whole image on a white card stock but in light grey. I glued the cutout and coloured part on top and I filled it with a white die cut sentiment.


To finish my card I simply added some coloured gems.

Et voilà ! I hope that I inspired you and that next time you start with a card that you don't really like, you won't throw it away but will think of what you could do with it.

And here is a sneak peek of the card I made for the DotMCC challenge...


Thanks so much for visiting today. Have a fabulous week and if it's not already done, you still have time to enter a birthday card in the Linky Party to win a £25 eGift Certifiacate, and/or to enter your name in the Linky posts for winning Huge prizes (stamps for a year and stencils for a year !0, and/or to use the 12% Discount code BIRTHDAY12 to treat yourself with the New Release products now available to purchase on the website !


















5 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, both so sweet, and well done recycling the cutout, as came up a very interesting design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Izzy, including the one you made for the challenge. I love this stamp set and the floral looks brilliant coloured and not. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so pretty! Beautiful soft colors for the background with the b&w image! Love the way you used the portion of the colored floral image with the inlaid die cut sentiment for your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beauties using that floral image, Izzy - love both the white one with inking around it and the colorful strip spotlight with "hugs" cut into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous rescue Izzy and some great tips!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated