Monday 25 November 2013

Love Doves!

Hey!

I'm finally here with a card to share & I am sorry for being MIA yesterday & so late today. A migraine decided to put a halt to my inky crafty session yesterday :( I'm feeling loads better today though slightly off my food, but that's never a bad thing! 

Anyway, I've just finished making this card...




I've had the idea of this simple card for sometime now & had to put it into reality. I've neglected the doves & Peace On Earth set since it was released in October and so decided it was about time to show it some LOVE! 




I love how this has turned out but think that if I made it again I would add some subtle heart detail to the Hawaiian Shores panel. 

However, I simply die cut the SU! Experssion Thinlets 'love' from some thin red CS from my stash and adhered it flat to the Hawaiian Shores panel. The doves are stamped in silver & embossed with star dust EP and fussy cut out. I cut off the back wing so that I could adhere that flat to the card and use foam adhesive to raise the main part of the dove to add some dimension. I finished the 2 layers off by rounding a single corner for a little more interest & detail. 

Such an easy card for any 'love' occasion not just valentines but it could be customised for a wedding card using the bride & grooms wedding colours. 

That's all from me today, I think an early night is on the cards for me, I will be back tomorrow though with another card to share, thanks for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: Dovecraft Essentials White, PTI Hawaiian Shores
Ink: Colorbox Silver
Stamps: Uniko Studio Peace On Earth
Accessories: SU! Expressions Thinlits, Star Dust EP, Foam Adhesive, Corner Chomper

7 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Red and aqua, sparkles, love = eye-catching combination! I played with my Peace on Earth over the weekend; excited to share in a couple of days (once we have some decent daylight for photos!). Hope you're feeling much better!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Bev. Perfect for valentines or a wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Beverley this would be great for so many occasions and it's simply beautiful, ingenious and I LOVE it. Why can't I think up such amazing ideas. Hope the migraine disappears - I can sympathise with those but thankfully they don't crop up too often (gripping fast to the table as I type)!!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple and gorgeous! How creative to use this sentiment in this way! Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I love your card! So pretty! It's just perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simplicity of this card...and gorgeous colour of the Hawaiian Shore. The wing surgery is absolutely wonderful, Bev! Fab effect.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious, Bev ... love the colours and the dimension you added to the doves is fabulous ... inspired! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated