Saturday 23 November 2013

Simplicity!

Hey & Happy Weekend!

Have you anything nice planned this weekend? With Christmas just around the corner I am sure many of you will have parties, get togethers, shopping trips & all sorts planned. I'd love to hear about what your all up to!

I'm having a cozy weekend at home, a little crafting in the studio is planned as I really must make some Christmas cards to send to people. The majority that I have made so far have been left as samples in The Paperlane!

I have kept things simple on this non-traditional Christmas card to share with you today...




I used the current CAS(E) this Sketch! seen HERE and below for the layout of my card and whilst exploring blog land earlier in the week I came across this new to me challenge blog called Keep it simple! Currently they have a colour challenge HERE and seen below and I just love those colours. I've not used all the hues on the inspiration photo just 2 of my favourites! 






I've used the solid flower from Flower Power #1 as a modern poinsettia adding the trio of dots from Label Love: Christmas and a sentiment also from the same set. I added some shimmer to the flowers with a clear Spica pen, it's hard to see from the photos but it adds a subtle shimmer in real life.




That's all from me today, I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to & thank you for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: Black & White from stash
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow & Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Masking Paper & At You Clear Spica Pen

34 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Beverley and yippee I have both sets so may have to have a play later. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Bev. A wonderful combination of the colours and sketch. Have a great weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed that sketch ... fantastic design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beverley - another delightful card; perfect for both challenges! The colours you've selected are a gorgeous match, and the dotted lines are the perfect compliment! Stunning! I'm off to a craft fair today to see what the local folks here in our little town create - a first time event for me (we've lived here nearly 7 years!!). A bit of a scouting mission to see if maybe, next year, I can set up a table for my wee creations. After that, I'm home to card-make! Have a great Saturday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another inventive way to use your stamps, just love it! Take it easy weekend for me, but hitting the shops in Nottingham on Tuesday for a bit of Christmas retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! This is brilliant - love your take on that sketch! Gorgeous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch - love the colours too! I would like to play along with these challenges....if I get time this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - such pretty colours and a great combination of stamps. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is stunning great take on the sketch and the colorcombo. Thanks for playing along at keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning non-traditional card. So fresh-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is amazing,Bev!! I LOVE the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and lovely colours x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real beauty Bev - love the colours and the CAS layout is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors you use for your card, and it's the perfect CAS card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours, Bev. Love this vibrant colour combo. Very festive.
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a festive card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a festive card! Thanks for sharing, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool card - love the mix of the neon colors with the retro images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great use of the sketch Bev .. .. such a beautiful finished card. Love it!

    I have been having a look in your shop too! Must come back and look more closely when things calm down a little here as you have some beautiful things for sale.

    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful CAS Christmas card, Bev!!! Your take on the sketch is wonderful and I just love the non-traditional colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these colors and that awesome design for a Christmas card, Bev! I can just see all the recipients smiling when they open this fun card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. great card love the CAS look
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooh, I just love this color combo~gorgeous Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning design and colour scheme!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Magnifique!
    These fresh colors, combined with the sketch, work very well!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  26. The idea to use the stamps like this is great-thanks for the Inspiration!
    Hugs
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Beverley, thank you so much for popping in on my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
    You have a beautiful blog and this card in particular is my favourite :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, this is so lovely! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so Amazing Bev! Love the design. Thank you for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW Bev, love your take on the sketch. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This REALLY stood out for me Beverley! Love it so, the retro Christmas colors, the hanging fabulous bling!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated