Thursday 4 May 2023

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hello & Happy Thursday! 

It's a late one for me in the studio tonight as I finally get round to sharing one of the cards I created today. 

Since coming back from the show I have been inspired to dust off some older clear stamp sets and products and breathe some new inky life into them. I love new products, but I know from speaking to crafters at the shows these past weekends and for myself, it is easy to get caught up in the constant flow of using and buying new and neglecting older stuff we once loved.

One of the collections I have neglected is the Flower Power clear stamps. So with it being May and as the saying goes, 'April Showers Bring May Flowers'. I thought I would start with these sets.

Today I started with Flower Power #8, the newest of the collection to create this fun and colourful card.





I started by stamping a cascade of the line flower in black ink across the diagonal of my card panel. I then used a trio of Stampin' Up! Blends in each of the colours to colour the flowers. I also coloured and fussy cut 3 flowers to add after I had decided upon the sentiment.




For my sentiment choice I finally decided upon Alphabet Outlined, of which I created the HAPPY. I stamped each of the letters in black and then coloured them with a fine liner. Each of the letters are fussy cut and adhered using fine glue. The birthday part of the sentiment is from Birthday Sentiments and again I have stamped and fussy cut the wording. It is then adhered using foam adhesive. I finished the card by adding the individual flowers with foam adhesive and some tiny sparkly rhinestones. 

So what do you think of this fresh inky creation? 

I sure had fun playing with this set and enjoyed pairing it with some other clear stamps that haven't seen much ink lately! 

This is all I have to share today, but I will be back on the blog tomorrow with more creativity and a winner from the Designer Dies Natures Treasures II blog hop.

Until then, thank you for stopping by.

Crafty Hugs
 


6 comments:

  1. Love this fresh and cheerful card! It spreads happiness all around! Fabulous use of the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise Bryant4 May 2023 at 23:25

    Pretty card! I love the colorful flowers and the awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Bev and lovely to see you breathing new life into the older stamp sets. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Bev. Loving your colours and the composition of this card, particularly the subtle dimension you have included
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Bev...all that fussy cutting!! You must have a lot of patience. Love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely and inspiring see you tomorrow with the lucky winners name

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated