Sunday 7 May 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration using Fun Flowers Spray mask and stencil

Good morning, Julie here with a little bit of BA Inspiration on this Coronation weekend, hope the British weather hasn't put too big a dampener on your celebrations.

We had a bit of a disaster at home over the May Day Bank Holiday, our newly installed fibre optic broadband stuttered and finally failed. According to BT we had a signal to the unit but we needed a technician to visit, they should have it fixed by May 5th!!! Panic ensued as I thought about all my DT posts in the pipeline, a new month is a busy time for me and then, what do I do with all the free time?

So on Sunday, after doing as much housework as I wanted to do on a BH, I went to my room to have a play and ended up with this card.


I created some masks from Post It paper and got inky! I used a range of Altenew inks, Bamboo and Olive for the foliage, Eastern Sky and Azurite for the blue flower, Puffy Heart and Purple Wine for the pink and Fresh Lemon and Honey Drizzle for the yellow one. Each section was inked with the main stencil before the mask was placed in the stencil and the darker colour added. Masks, made by stencilling onto Post its and fussy cutting each element allowed for a neater finish.

The center of each flower was added freehand with a brown Copic marker, E49 and white gel pen. I also added some detail to the leaf spray with Copic marker YG17. Each spray was then fussy cut and added to an A6 panel of white card. I was unsure whether to add this panel to a white 5 x 7 base card but decided in the end to go for a bright turquoisey blue, trimming off the over hang.

The sentiment was stamped in black on white then the happy was die cut and mounted onto a gold mirror card happy shadow before I added it to the card.

Anyway as you can tell from this post, the man from Open Reach came, removed DUST from the optical connection, drank a cuppa and left, 30 mins max! Full high speed broadband resumed but the new phones are still pants! Apparently our hub is too far away from the phones for them to work on the WiFi, our old phone line was cut when they installed the fibre cable, not that they were great when it rained, damp in the line apparently. It certainly showed us how reliant we are on the internet these days, even watching TV was curtailed, no Prime or Netflix or iPlayer for us until service was resumed. When I turned on my computer, my inbox was full of rubbish that had accumulated whilst we were offline, stuff I usually delete when I turn it on in a morning!

So have a good rest of the Bank Holiday and get crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for all your problems with the broadband... Your card is delightful and cheerful! A lot of work behind it, but the result deserves all the efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have the internet working again. We are so lost without it these days. But the positive is that you can still create beautiful cards like this one while you wait for the internet to be fixed. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Bev - I know the feeling... we had a similar thing happen in the middle of a lockdown, so we had cranky (grand)children also... thankfully the technician came pretty rapidly and things were restored before any murder occured!
    Loving your card - that is beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated