Saturday 6 May 2023

BA Inspiration cards using English Country Garden Butterflies set!

 Hello everyone!

Vinita here!

Today I wanted to showcase the English Country Garden Butterflies stamps and challenge myself to use the same color palette on both cards using Distress inks and oxides!

I used scattered straw, squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin, dried marigold, stormy sky, salvaged patina and forest moss inks.



For my first card, I started by blending a white panel using salvaged patina DO and the stripes were stamped using forest moss inks. I blended stormy sky ink on another panel too and cut them into a strip.
Then stamped the butterfly on a white scrap piece using jet black archival ink and colored it with ZIG water brushes using the same color palette and die-cut it. On my white card base I stamped the sentiment from You are, Yes you stamp set. Added the stripe panel along with blue inked stripes. Adhered that flutterby with another inked butterfly for more interest and dimension. Compliment it with some sky blue and sea green pearl dots.


For the second card, I started with a white panel and placed my stylish floral stencil and inked it with the same color palette. After removing my stencil once again I lightly inked the panel using the same colors.
To be honest, the blending of this floral background was a kind of experiment. I wasn't sure how it would be turned out but I am loving it!




On a white scrap paper, I stamped the little butterflies 4 times and blended some DI and die-cut them.

In the centre, I stamped some tiny hearts and love sentiments from the Big & Bold Love set.
Adhere to that panel on my card base with a black panel underneath.
Compliment it with a ruffled shimmery ribbon and enhance the beauty of butterflies by adding some Nuvo crystal drops for some shimmer to match my gorgeous ribbon.

Hope you enjoyed today's inspirations!
Happy crafting!

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love so much both the cards and the stamps used! I ordered the English Country Garden Butterflies and can't wait to use them :) Your second card is my favourite, such wonderful stencilling on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Vinita - love that second one in particular.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated