Thursday 31 August 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Fantastic Foliage


Good morning, crafters

Anita here, and today I have two cards for you, both using different Uniko foliage sets.  I've had these sets in my stash for a while but this is the first outing for both of these!  Two very different stamps and two very different cards.

First up, I've used a beautiful stamp set which is part of the Framed series, Framed - Floral Vines...


I chose to use a pale grey cardstock for my main panel.  I began by stamping the image in Antique Linen Distress Ink.  This is the ink colour that I always use for this technique, where I want to colour the image and then re-stamp and emboss after, as it is pale enough to disappear under the final embossed lines.  So after stamping I coloured the leaves and flowers with Copic markers.  Then, with the stamp still in the same position in my Misti, I re-stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed in white.  I added the sentiment in black, which is from the Birthday Wishes clear stamp set, before trimming down the grey panel and also the card base to fit the ratio of the framed image.




For my second card I've used the Large Background Sketched Foliage stamp...


This is a technique I've not used in a while - layered emboss resist.  A little time consuming but you can create some great effects with it.  I just used one layer on this example but you can use multiple layers if you choose inks with varying depths of colour, starting with the lightest.  I began with a white cardstock panel and roughly ink blended using Distress Oxide in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.  I then left it to dry before stamping the image in VersaMark and heat embossing in clear.  The clear embossing powder ensures that the ink shades you've applied on the first blend are trapped under the embossing.  I then ink blended with the darker shade, Rustic Wilderness, over the entire panel.  The embossed areas then just need a buff with a soft cloth to wipe off any ink being resisted.  For a little interest I added some water droplets and blotted these away to remove some of the colour.  The panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle and I added a strip using a sentiment from the Simply Said clear stamp set.




I can't believe it will be September tomorrow, it doesn't feel like we've had summer yet here in the UK.  I'm not quite ready to start with the autumnal projects yet so let's hope September will bring summer back, at least for a little while!

Thanks for popping by today.  I have a little time off work next week so I may be back sooner with more inspiration for you.


 

5 comments:

  1. Super duper techniques to try on the last day of August. 🌈🫶🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful inspirations, so different but equally interesting. Love the sweetness of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful pair of cards Neets - love the second embossed/ resist one in particular
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated