Friday 25 August 2023

Festive Friday Mix

Hello & Happy Friday.

Another week of the school holidays is almost over and in honest truth, I'm not quite ready for them to end. Just one more week and a couple of days to go. Plus a week tomorrow The Beans turn 9. THAT, I know I am not ready for! 

Firstly I am nowhere near prepared celebrations wise, a party to organise, cakes to make and everything in between. Secondly, they are growing up way too fast and it's like this instinct of wanting to keep them little for as long as possible.

Anyway, enough of my sentimental rabbling, let's get to my card....





Last week the most recent release restocks arrived along with a few other requested clear stamps. One of them was Rustic Wreath. So I had an inspirational creative moment and decided to pair the Rustic Wreath with sentiments and elements from Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder.





I'm pleased with how this turned out, I was unsure as to how the modern rustic look would pair with the quirky Mid Century style, but I like it. 





A bit of dimension on this card with the white stamped panel and the bow adhered with foam tape. But still it will get through normal post as my tape is the 1mm thick, so 2mm in total plus the card thickness. 

I hope I will get some time this evening to create once appointments, swimming lessons and dinner is done. The Beans are off to the PIL with their usual Friday night sleepover.

Have a lovely day! 

Crafty Hugs 

4 comments:

  1. Love this one! Awesome wreath and big bow, and very pretty background layer ith the holly design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wait until your grandies are taller than you, then you know time is flying by!! Not quite sure how that happened, but two of the four youngest, in their early teens, are there, and another very close behind... the smallest is turning five shortly.
    Love your card with its original and successful pairing of the the sets, Bev.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the green on green background. I’m feeling inspired to get a few more Christmas cards started! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very pretty and interesting card, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated