Monday 14 August 2023

Merry Monday BA Inspiration with Mid Century Modern Christmas

Bonjour !

Izzy here with a Merry Monday card to add to my Christmas card stash. I thought I would share two cards from the most recent Uniko release as I was not able to participate.

Before being able to play with this new release, I made sure not to look at my team mates' cards so as not to be influenced by their beautiful creations (I now had a look 😍). It seems that I had the same ideas as some of them, but I still hope that I will give you new inspirations with this release's products.

Today I will start with the Mid Century Modern Christmas set.


For this one I went for a one layer card using this new set together with the cat from the Mid Century Modern Purrfect Day set. I saw afterwards that Julie had had the same idea. 

This little tree together with the presents reminded me the last Christmas when my cat jumped into the bag of gifts I had just put under the tree.


For lack of space we have a thin and tall Christmas tree that I represented on my card by stamping the fir 4 times one below the other thanks to masking. I also used masking for the cat and the presents.

I coloured everything with colour pencils and I stamped the sentiment in two parts. In black for the Merry and in red and clear embossed for the Christmas.

To finish I added some stars, also from the set, and I gold heat embossed them.


For my second card, I went for a slimline one with a CAS look. I started by die cutting a rectangle bordered with triangles on which I stamped 5 trees that I coloured with rainbow colours.

I adhered this panel on a slimline double card and I stamped the sentiment that comes from the Mid Century Modern Baubles set.

That's all the Bright and Merry I have to share with you today, but I will be back next week with more to share with this new release.

Have a lovely day and thank you so much for stopping by.





6 comments:

  1. Great minds eh Izzy, I do wonder why there are so many black cats MCM cards! on! Love how you've stacked the trees to make a taller version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card with the kitty and tree, and I love the colors on your second card! Lots of possibilities with these fun designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat in the bag makes me smile :) Beautiful cards, love them both and especially the slimline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy these are beautiful - well done.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you took inspiration from your own tree and cat!! And how did you manage to be so good and not sneak a peek during the introductions?! 😂 x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated