Tuesday 22 August 2023

One Layer Happy Birthday

Hello & Happy Tuesday! 

It's week 5 of the school holidays and I feel it's zooming past. I don't feel ready for them to be over quite yet, I'm enjoying the non routine of life. Creating has been a little bit hit and miss this past week, but I did manage to make a quick one layer birthday card for my Mother In Law yesterday.






I'm trying hard to embrace the soft stencilling and I achieved this by not inking my blending brushes at all with fresh ink. I simply used what was remaining on each of these coloured brushes and I am delighted with the results.





I wanted a silhouette image to layer over the Stencil - MOD Background Builder and decided upon the one from Just Because and the sentiment from Happy Days. A few enamel dots in Pebble finished my quick make.

I hope you are all well and enjoying the remainder of the summer. Who knows, we might get a nice Indian Summer for September  - here's hoping! 

Crafty Hugs 



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silhouette with that pretty background! Great effect with your soft stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful! Love that soft background, Bev.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful Bev - love the soft stencilling behind the silhouette.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a one layer card. Always good for those birthday cards that have to be posted. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated