Thursday 1 May 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch! Guest Designer

* This is my second post for the day, don't forget to check out the BONUS Design Team Blog Hop winner post earlier to see if you were the lucky winner!*

Hey,

I was super excited to win CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge a few weeks ago HERE with THIS card and was surprised but beyond thrilled to be contacted by the lovely Chrissy to be guest designer for this weeks challenge. Of course I jumped at the chance and said yes.

This weeks sketch is fun and can be interpreted SO many different ways...




but I went with a literal interpretation making a modern masculine birthday card...




I used the Dynamic Duo challenge colours again, even though it's too late to enter. I think the colours a modern and fresh, not necessarily those you would reach for when making a masculine themed card.





I used one of the building stamps from Background Builders: Round In Circles, bending it into a wave shape on my block before stamping in the trio of colours. I then stamped the sentiment from A Gift For You before adding some SU! Candy Dots to the large dots along the waves on the yellow & aqua lines for a touch of added interest.

Be sure to stop on by HERE for all the challenge details plus lots more inspiration from the CAS(E) this Sketch! DT.

That's all from me today, I will be back on Saturday with a scheduled post for you. I'm taking a short break away in London to celebrate my husbands birthday and also our last little getaway before the little beans arrive! I will be back here on the blog on Sunday with something new to share with you. Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies: 
Card Stock: SU! Smokey Slate, White (Boyes)
Ink: SU! Going Grey, PTI Summer Sunrise & VersaMagic Aquatic Splash
Accessories: SU! Candy Dots & Foam Adhesive

13 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Bev. I love the way you converted a stamp to suit your design. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the GDT - love the CAS(E) this sketch challenge and your card looks perfect Beverley. Great idea with the wavy line ... may have to give that a go with some of the background stamps. Enjoy your mini break. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly lovely card...and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your guestdesigner win! Your card looks stunning!Have fun in London. Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the GDT Bev and great way to use these stamps and perfect for a guy card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GD role, and what a fabulous card you've created with this sketch! Colours, the 'waves', the dots...all adds up to a most handsome guy card. I'm presuming this is for your husband (Happy Birthday, Bev's husband!!), who I know will love it to bits, as do I! Enjoy your getaway immensely! Looking forward to highlights when you return! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - love the colour combo and the way you have curved the stamp! Great guest DT design. I hope you have a lovely time in London :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Beverley! I was wondering how you created those waves. Very clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful inspiration Beverley!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being the CTS Guest Designer! Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on this week's CAS(e) this Sketch Beverley and the candy dots too - a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated