Thursday 8 May 2014

TIME OUT Challenge - Inspired By Words

Hey!

Today is challenge #5 over at TIME OUT Challenges and we are back to being inspired by words, the phrase for this fortnights challenge is...


Time Flies, Love Lasts


What do these words inspire you to create? I was inspired by the 'Time Flies' part of the phrase and went along the masculine route...




I combined a couple of other challenges along with the TIME OUT theme to bring this card together. Firstly I used the CAS - Colours and Sketches challenge colours seen HERE and below...




I was also inspired by the current Addicted to CAS challenge HERE which is grunge. As you can see I did a CAS style of grunge! 




As you can see from this close up of my card below I used the Today, Tomorrow & Always Time clear stamp set and combined it with Stampin' Up! Off the grid. I started out by stamping the pocket watch and then masked it off before stamping the grid, trio of circles and sentiment.




I hope I've inspired you to join in on the fun over at TIME OUT Challenges, the team & I would love for you to join in :) Be sure to stop on by the blog HERE for all the details and for more FABulous inspiration from the team.

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share & until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Smokey Slate, White (Boyes)
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow & Summer Sunrise. SU! Going Grey
Stamps: Uniko Studio Today, Tomorrow & Always Time. SU! Off the Grid
Accessories: Masking paper

14 comments:

  1. Great card Beverley and love seeing those hot colours together... They really are a fantastic combination. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the grunge look of your card Bev, especially the pops of yellow against the grey and what a perfect set of stamps for our challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabulous masking in your stamping Bev. The design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a card I really like! Love the colours and how you used them with that grid stamp to make it grungy (even though I love to work a lot messier (is that a word?)) and pop! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blend of graphic grid background with all the circular gear shapes, Bev ... and what a great colour palette! Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I wasn't sure how to incorporate grunge into a CAS card and you did it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great masculine card Bev….something I really struggle with. I think you have captured Grunge very well with this one! Hope you are keeping well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design - love your CAS/grunge hybrid! A fun challenge theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome collage...fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Bev! Great colors and collage of images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is superb! Love the grunge and the placement of the front panel!! Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Bev - I love your grunge look! Thanks so much for having me along on the blog at time out - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool card! I love this color combo and the grunge look is very trendy and fun. I'll have to start looking for my inner grunge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love CAS grunge and the whole design of this card is just fab - love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated