Saturday 30 August 2014

Simple Sympathy

Hey!

Well, another day closer to baby bean day & it sure has flown by! I'm super excited for Monday to come, but I am keeping rested, calm and relaxed, mainly by spending time in the studio creating. My husband won't let me do much else! 

Anyway, today I have a simple sympathy card to share with you. It's among the hardest card making categories alongside masculine cards. I tend to keep things really simple like I have on this card...




This is for my bestie Kerry, who sadly grieving the loss of and said goodbye to her Nan the other day. I used Background Builders: Vines and the sentiment from Flower Power #1.




On a brighter note, I have prepared the September Class Kits which is taking place at The Paperlane on September 14th 11am - 2pm, with Caz. There are still places available and all the details on how to book are on the classes page. I've put a little sneak peek together of a few of the cards that you'll be making in the class, the theme this time is 'Cutting Techniques'.




That's all from me today, I'm off to make a couple more cards before I veg out in front of the TV! I'll be back tomorrow with another card to share & until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from Stash. SU! Blushing Bride
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, PTI Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz and Spring Moss, Hero Arts Soft Granite
Accessories: Embroidery Floss & Foam Adhesive

3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet sympathy card. during sad times simple is best.
    I'll be thinking of you...SO excited for you to meet those little ones. Praying all goes smoothly. Motherhood is a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sympathy card, Beverley! Love the elegant design. Keeping everything crossed for Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your elegant, classy and thoughtful sympathy card is sure to touch Kerry's heart deeply. She's fortunate to have a friend in you; one who is compassionate and supportive, especially in times of loss. As for the nearly-here arrivals...eeeee! I'm glad your husband is ensuring you're getting the rest and relaxation you need. We'll all be waiting for word on Monday...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated