Thursday 27 June 2013

Beautiful Pastel Blooms

Hey!

I was about to say Happy Friday as I seem to be a day ahead of myself, a little wishful thinking too maybe - Haha! Anyway, Happy Thursday, I hope you're all having a good week? It's all GO and good in the studio and time seems to be zooming by. I did however find a little inky time this afternoon to create this card...




I saw the new CAS - Colours & Sketches Blog challenge seen HERE and below and the new The Play Date Cafe challenge colours HERE and below and instantly reached for Beautiful Blooms I stamp set. I just LOVE inking up this bloom and it looks beautiful in these colours, don't you think? 






I created a mask and stamped the bloom along the edge to create a nice layered effect and then I stamped the bloom on a separate piece of card stock in pink and fussy cut it out, which is therapy for me! Ok, so dies are needed as it would speed the process up a little and everyone loves a coordinating die - watch this space!




I decided that a black sentiment would be a bit harsh for this card so decided to use SU! Going Grey instead and I also used it for the leaves of the bloom. A little bit of glitter and depth by adhering the bloom using foam adhesive and I was done! 

Ok, I think that is all from me tonight, I'll be back tomorrow however with more to share! Until then, thank you for stopping by today.


Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash
Ink: SU! Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose & Going Grey. PTI Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Hero Arts Prisma Glitter & Foam Adhesive.

13 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous :) love the beautiful flowers and your beautiful stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the stamps and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely stunning and BEAUTIFUL card! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely. Love the added shimmer glitter!
    love that stamp (me need that!!) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a gorgeous card and beautiful blooms too Bev, love everything about it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Beverley! Those blooms are stunning and your choice of colours genius! Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The glitter is a great touch! Thanks for joining as at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love your image and the colours the glitter highlights are perfect as is the colour of the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Beverley! I love the glitter! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blooms is right, Beverly. What a truly gorgeous card, and again, I love the subtle touch of glitter. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooh this is stunning - fab colours and that flower is gorgeous - thanks for joining in our challenge this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The soft colors are so pretty! I agree with you that sometimes gray is a better color choice than black. You've used it wisely here. The glitter adds just the right amount of sparkle to your card. Thanks for sharing it in this week's challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful dimension and the glitter is so great. lovely card! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated