Sunday 23 June 2013

Birthday Butterflies

Hey!

How is everyone? I do hope your having a lovely weekend. The weather isn't so great here in the North of the UK, perfect weather to stay in the studio crafting! 

Today's card is one I made yesterday...




I used a couple of challenges for my card too. Firstly I used the current Fusion challenge HERE and seen below. I just love the sketch and there are so many colour options and themes you could use from the inspiration photo. I used the inspiration for my colour choices and kept the brights muted by placing a vellum butterflies over the top of the coloured patterned butterflies.






The reason for choosing butterflies was because of the current 'Less is more' challenge HERE, which is to create a birthday card for Jen, Jen likes butterflies and so that is the reason for my butterflies! I'm super happy with how this card turned out!




Friday was Midsummer Solstice here in the UK and the Northern Hemisphere, so to celebrate Uniko Studio has an offer on of FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING on ALL orders, not just those over £50! Be sure to pop on over and take advantage of this special offer as it ends TODAY Midnight BST! 

That's all from me today, I'm going to sort a few things in the studio, organise myself for the coming week and make a few more cards!

I hope you all have a lovely day & thanks for stopping by today.


Supplies:
Card Stock: White from stash, PTI Fine Linen
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade & Pumpkin Pie. PTI Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise & Hawaiian Shores.
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #2
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies, Vellum, Rhinestones

16 comments:

  1. Wish I could touch your butterflies Beverley!
    So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gr design, your double butterflies really come to life against the background, super colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layered butterflies idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card...love the layered butterflies! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful result with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the layered butterflies are beautiful! i love the patterns below the white layer...perfectly cas and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Beverley, I love the layering o the butterflies!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. really beautiful, Bev! adore those amazing butterflies with the clean background strips:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and elegant, love your layered butterflies too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Bev - LOVING your layered butterflies! So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow love how you layered these butterflies...how wonderful to see the pp peeking from underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this technique Beverley! You can also add a little depth to the vellum by embossing it... if you haven't tried it it's fab... just this year we were also shown how fab vellum looks when heat embossed too... Now look what you've done! I 'need' to go and play now :-) Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous butterflies! I also love the simple background, and the pretty font. A perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Bev, love the pretty butterflies too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab card bev.. love the colour combo
    thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated