Monday 24 June 2013

Iron Craft

Hey!

Happy Monday :) I'm a little later than usual for a reason as I am starting off the week with a FABulous feature.

A while back Chaitali from Iron Craft, Cuts, Crops & Creativity contacted me to see if I'd be interested in joining her for an Iron Craft challenge which is featured on her blog every Monday, you can read more about it HERE and also see the previous Iron Craft features. Well I couldn't say no as you know I LOVE a challenge! 

Lets get to it! 

The ingredients...





I decided on the Uniko Studio stamp set to use seen above and also threw in a digital patterned paper collection seen below for good measure!




Chaitali thought it would be fun to use a sketch and decided on the current CAS(E) this Sketch! seen HERE and below.




And with all that this is what I created...




Not so much white space as I usually like, but it's good to step outside of your comfort zone now & then! I used the Rock 'n' Roll technique on my flowers and the leaves are cut from the stamp and popped behind the flowers...




I hope you like todays card, be sure to pop over to Chaitali's blog HERE to see her creation using the ingredients. There is also a Uniko Stuio Gift Certificate up for grabs!! 

Ok, that's all from me today as it's a busy one here after the Weekend Free Worldwide Shipping special, lots more orders to post, Oh, and some stock reordering to do!! 

Thanks to everyone who ordered, your custom is truly appreciated and I hope you enjoy using your new goodies and I'd LOVE to see your creations, remember to drop me an email with a link so I can pop by and leave a comment!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Card Stock: SU! Pink Pirouette, White from stash
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery, So Safron & Regal Rose
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #2
Accessories: Uniko Studio Classics Summer Digital Patterned Paper Collection, Pearls & Foam Adhesive.

9 comments:

  1. So pretty, your card - the flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - as always so inspirational! Just wondered what the rock n' roll technique is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rock 'n' Roll is when you ink your stamp in one colour then roll the edges in another colour to give a 2 tone effect. For my flowers I inked them with the pink then rolled the edges in the yellow. Usually I like to use the lightest colour ink first then dark so that there is minimal ink transference from one pad to another. Hope this explains it for you, I will perhaps do a video tutorial?! Hugs Bev x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for this very clear explanation, off to give it a go now!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty and super use of the sketch. The gingham is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo sweet! What a wonderful stamp set and such a pretty showcase too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.....Love these lovely summer colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you use the rock-n-roll technique on your blooms, here and above. The stripes on the leaves are a great and unexpected touch.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated