Thursday 6 June 2013

Introducing... Background Builders: Chevrons

Hey!

I'm back today to share the next June Release product introduction... Background Builders: Chevrons. Chevrons have been trending for a while and I've wanted a chevron set for some time now so that's how this set came about! 

I've a couple of projects to share using this new set...




A bright & cheery AWESOME card :) I've used 3 chevron stamps on this  card to create the multicoloured stamped background. 

I started out by masking off a section on the white mat layer using some low tack masking tape, where I wanted the sentiment to be. I then inked and stamped each of the individual chevron strips to create the background, it was super easy and quick and I love how it turned out :) I then used a fine liner to draw in the lines, stamped the sentiment and highlighted the star with a yellow Copic marker.





I've one more card to share today using Background Builders: Chevrons that could easily be mass-produced...




For this card I simply stamped a white panel of CS with another of the chevron stamps and then die cut with a circle die before adhering to the base card using foam adhesive. The sentiment is from Label Love: Birthday and I added a few purple rhinestones to add a little something.





Taheerah has a card to share using today's set too, so be sure to stop on by and give her some love :)

Don't forget there are mystery prizes up for grabs that will be announced HERE on the blog on June 11th. There are lots of ways to win, by commenting on the blog or a DT member blog during the countdown to release, FacebookTwitter and Pinterest

I'll be back tomorrow with the next product introduction which happens to be my FAVE of all the products being released this month! Until then thank you for stopping by & have a lovely day.

Supplies:

AWESOME

Card Stock: SU! Basic Black, White from stash
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz & Summer Sunrise. VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio All Occasion Sentiments #2 & Background Builders: Chevrons (Released 11th June)
Accessories: Masking Tape, Fine Liner & Copic Marker



Happy Birthday

Card Stock: PTI Hawaiian Shores, White from stash
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Label Love: Birthday & Background Builders: Chevrons (Released 11th June)
Accessories: Rhinestones from stash, Sizzix Circle Dies

12 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. The one with the cut out circles are so fun and creative, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum love your chevrons and Taheerahs card is fabulous......so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of the the first card! Also love your idea of the circle cut on the second one....lends drama to the whole card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love chevrons and your projects just prove why!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome is right! Love both of these cards, but especially the first one. Great idea to mask out the horizontal area for the sentiment, and the colors are FAB!! The colors are striking on the second one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab Beverley, what a great release it is this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have too much chevron! Great versatile set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these sentiments! great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card with the cut out showing both the chevrons and a splash of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these chevron cards...esp the bright and cheerful Awesome one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - I struggle with chevrons, but you've made me reconsider with the gorgeous cards you've showcased here. What amazing products you've created. I'm in awe!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated