Wednesday 19 June 2013

HOT Blooms!

Hey!

How are we all this fine Wednesday? All is good here in the studio and the week seems to be flying by! I spent some time yesterday getting creative and made a couple of cards to share with you all...




Whist on a blog land mooch yesterday lunchtime I came across another NEW to me challenge blog called Papertake Weekly Challenge.




As you may know I like a good challenge, they are a great inspiration when you want to create but don't know what products or colours to use. The current Papertake Weekly Challenge HERE is HOT HOT HOT. Quite a loose challenge which could be taken in various directions. 

I decided to use a HOT colour scheme of bright pink, yellow and a bright green to create this crisp CAS card above. I paired Uniko Studio's Flower Power #2, Natures Treasures and Background Builders: Chevrons on my card and I'm liking the result!




I enjoyed this colour scheme and combination of stamps that I went on to make another card...




This time I used another NEW to me challenge blog CAS - Colours & Sketches Blog. Their current challenge seen HERE and below is a sketch challenge.




For my card I started out by drawing lightly with a pencil the over lapped horizontal and vertical panels onto my white mat layer. I then masked them off so I could stamp one of the smaller leaves from Uniko Studio's Natures Treasures I. I stamped the blooms from Flower Power #2 and the leaves from Beautiful Blooms I and fussy cut them out before adhering to the card using glue dots for a bit of dimension but not as much as foam adhesive would give...




That's all from me today, but I will be back tomorrow with more to share & on Friday we have Abbie (my current work experience intern) with a guest blogger post to share her first creations using Uniko Studio products! 

Thanks for stopping by today, 



Supplies:
Card Stock: White from stash, PTI Raspberry Fizz
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, Pear Pizzaz and Pumpkin Pie. PTI Raspberry Fizz & Summer Sunrise
Accessories: Glue Dots & Rhinestones.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours Beverly, such sweet flowers and fab chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those HOT colours too! Your flowers are beautiful and the bits of bling are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous Beverley! Those tropical colours are wonderful and I love the touch of sparkle. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards! Love your colors and those chevrons!
    Thanks so much for your blog visit too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really lovely - the little pansies are so pretty.

    My stamps were at Mum's when I arrived on Monday. Now all I have to do is visit the local craft shop and get a few supplies and I may even have a card or two to share next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Love the bold colors in the first card. Great masking in the second! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two absolutely stunning cards, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely beautiful, Bev!!! I love the bright summer colors and the chevron stripes on the first one have me drooling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on our sketch challenge. The flowers are so vibrant. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE tese Beverley!! Especially the first one!! Great colors, great layout, and awesome stamps!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated